Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Hardware Societe

Moving to Melbourne, with a dream of trying all the best food in here, I started to take photos of the good food I eat. Just about a month ago, I posted them all on facebook, and surprisingly, some people quite enjoy this silly thing! As requested, I tried to put them all to this food blog. With no experiences of designing or writing, I hope you guys could drool over all food on my blog =)

I will start with my current favourite:

The Hardware Societe  
120 Hardware St
Melbourne, 3000
(03) 9078 5992

Place (8/10)
Well, the place was really cozy, I like it, except its too small since they are always full of customers

Food

  • Fried brioche with chocolate fillings, orange blood sauce, with a lil bit of cream (10/10)
 The shell is very crispy, yet sweet. I love the creamy sauce, and especially the choc fillings. The best one! 
 
Fried brioche
   


  • Poached egg with salmon topped with hollandaise sauce, and rosti (6/10)
 The rosti is quite good, poached egg, salmon, and the sauce are average. Maybe its because I am not a fan of raw salmon.

poached egg

  • Mushroom truffle (7.5/10)













 Mushroom with cheese, onions, and any other things, quite yummy (saturday menu).

  • Baked eggs with spicy chorizo (8/10)














Surprisingly  yummy! loves the spicy sausages (saturday menu).

  •  Fried brioche with hazelnut, banana, and maple (10/10)














The saturday menu of fried brioche. It tastes the same but replacing the orange with banana.

Coffee (9/10)
Great! Smooth, mild, and creamy.  

Overall (8/10)
Will definitely go back for another brunch. And oh, they are selling macarons too! They have the same flavour as Lindt's one, which is salted caramel. Will be trying those soon. Just keep an eye of this page!  

The Hardware Societe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment